Wednesday, August 20, 2014

You Could Make Me Stay (1992-1998)


Legs (timed figure drawing) in charcoal 1994


With my heart in my throat
I turn and start to put on my coat
You grab the hand holding the coat from the top
And with those beautiful eyes quietly ask me to stop

How could I ever think of going away
When I know you could make me stay

Another chance at this life, this time
You ask for me to help you keep your mind
Me walking out of the door would drive you insane
And I felt that emotion that I can never name

The look in your eyes makes me tremble and sway
As I think oh yeah, you could make me stay

I can’t turn and leave with you needing me
Nothing could make me walk away from the love I see
Seeing my defeat you slowly take my hand
Thanking me with your eyes and leaving your brand
Finally smiling you look into my eyes and say
I always knew I could make you stay

No comments:

Post a Comment