Saturday, August 9, 2014

My Excess (1992-1998)

Ruins painted 1996


I’d hold the key to your thoughts and fill them with me
Light another candle, offer salvation you can see
Lust after you from afar, wait and abide my time
But I’d never take your body without consideration for your mind.

I’d take your pain and let it rest beside mine in my heart
Destroy the cause and reason for it and gladly call it art
Let my soul calmly touch yours in the lightest kiss
But I’d never look you in the eye and pretend you don’t exist

I’d listen to your heart and tell mine to quiet
Blow my world apart and suffer in the silence
Give you a home by my side in my thoughts
But I’d never leave it open to be sold or bought

I’d kill to keep your heart from going cold
Destroy us both to love you
And fight the devil himself for your soul
But I’d never do anything you didn’t need me to do

I’d build, I’d destroy, I’d create, I’d deploy
I’d relish, I’d restore, I’d abolish, I’d ignore
Take you on as my ally and make the world itself our foe
But I’d never keep you chained to me if you needed me to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment