Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Weight of My Own Arrogance

No one needs your attention to be in love with you, certainly not me

I don't need your words, or your thoughts, I don't need your body or your mind
I don't need your care or devotion, your presence, not a thing that belongs to you
I don't have to back up my feelings with cold hard facts that prove that loving you is worth its salt

No one needs your consideration to be in love with you, certainly not me

I don't seek your acknowledgment or bearing, I'm not expecting your charm or cunning
I don't seek your motivations and your logics, your plots and plans
I don't seek a clever scheme or trap, some pitiful ruse to give me a good reason to have fallen for you

No one needs your permission to be in love with you, certainly not me

I don't have to clear it with you, make sure it suits your needs or answers your prayers
I don't have to have the right key and see if it suits, just the right fit
I don't have to qualify it, quantify it or even see it through if you're not holding me accountable

No one needs your love to be in love with you, certainly not me

Need I say more, of all the things I don't need, I don't need that most of all
Nothing I say changes the tides, opens the gates or bridges the gaps
All is left unanswered, unclaimed, untapped


And yet not a single thing has changed, obviously certainly not me

2 comments: